Saturday, January 12, 2008

Any Major Dude Will Tell You

Steely Dan, 1996. They couldn't (or wouldn't) capture that sweet acoustic opening, but it's a great version nonetheless. (I don't know if there are other version floating around of this, but this has been on Youtube only since November of 2007, and it's only been viewed just over a thousand times.)



Lyrics:

I never seen you looking so bad my funky one
You tell me that your superfine mind has come undone

CHORUS:
Any major dude with half a heart surely will tell you my friend
Any minor world that breaks apart falls together again
When the demon is at your door
In the morning it won't be there no more
Any major dude will tell you

Have you ever seen a squonk's tears? Well, look at mine
The people on the street have all seen better times

CHORUS

I can tell you all I know, the where to go, the what to do
You can try to run but you can't hide from what's inside of you

CHORUS


Squonk.

Digg!

No comments: