Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Help Nazanin

Do whatever you can.

The girls tried to escape, but the men overtook them, and at this point, Nazanin stabbed one of the other men in the chest, which eventually killed him. According to the newspaper, she broke down in tears when she told the court: "I wanted to defend myself and my niece. I did not want to kill that boy. At the heat of the moment I did not know what to do because no one came to our help." Nevertheless, the court sentenced her to death by hanging.


The link has a list of things you can do to hopefully help this young woman. Go there.

Here's an online petition you can sign. I was number 151,314. And I called the Iran interest office in the Pakistan Embassy:

2209 Wisconsin Avenue, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20007

Tel: (202) 965-4990
Fax: (202) 965-1073

3 comments:

SteveAudio said...

I was 153,261. That seems to be progress.

Thanks for publicising this.

The Stiltwalker said...

154,162

LT said...

Right on. Thanks, yous.