Thursday, May 11, 2006

The Sergeant Majors Thoughts On That

Sergeant Major Larry A. Myers (Retired) is a veteran of 27 years in the U.S. Army. He has a blog that I read regularly, and he has a particularly powerful post up today:

As Rome Burns – Or It’s Not Just George That’s Fiddling

Last night, at the end of The News Hour, I watched sixteen young faces materialize and then dematerialize on my screen. They were almost all between 18 and 22 years old. Young, innocent faces much like my youngest daughter who is just 22. As their young faces faded from my screen I thought to myself, ‘thank dear God that none of them were my little girl’. And then I felt horribly guilty.

2,228 KIA – Iraq Coalition Casualty Count
17,869 WIA – Iraq Coalition Casualty Count
39,258 Civilian – www.iraqbodycount.org

How much blood Mr. Bush? How much American and Iraqi blood is enough Mr. Bush? When will your thirst be quenched Mr. Bush? It isn’t your children is it Mr. Bush?


Remember, this is a Sergeant Major, which, according to my research, is an E-9 ranking and the third highest elisted rank in the Army. He lead and fought beside soldiers in combat in Vietnam.

Read his blog.

No comments: