Thursday, January 15, 2009

Top 50 Sportscasters

American Sportscasters Online has come up with a list of the Top 50 Sportscasters of All Time. First ten:

1 - Vin Scully

2 - Mel Allen

3- Red Barber

4- Curt Gowdy

5- Howard Cosell

6- Bob Costas

7 - Jim McKay

9 - Al Michaels

10 - Dick Enberg


I dont' care much one way or the other, but I think Cosell should have been top three at least. And: Bill Walton's on the list. Bill Walton. Did I miss something? I mean I like the guy alright, but Top 50 sportscasters? Bizarre.

But I did this post just to point out that the ASO somehow missed WGR's (Buffalo, NY) "Voice of the Sabres," Rick Jeanneret (the guy pictured in the suspenders above). You don't know hockey excitement - and hockey is, as everyone knows, the most exciting sport there is - until you listen to Jeanneret call a game. One small example, "Top shelf, where mumma hides the cookies!"




Digg!

1 comment:

Mark Prime (tpm/Confession Zero) said...

Bill Walton?

Cosell for sure nearer the top and Costas just below him.