Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Palin Didn't Fire the Chef

Good God, next we'll find out her name's not Sarah. Can she tell the truth about anything?

What Palin said (in her convention speech)::

While I was at it, I got rid of a few things in the governor's office that I didn't believe our citizens should have to pay for.

That luxury jet was over the top. I put it on eBay.

I also drive myself to work.

And I thought we could muddle through without the governor's personal chef - although I've got to admit that sometimes my kids sure miss her. I came to office promising to control spending - by request if possible and by veto if necessary.


From the Anchorage Daily News:

CHOW HOUNDS ... Remember the long-time executive chef who lost her job at the Mansion when Sarah decided to live mostly in Wasilla instead of Juneau? Stefani Marnon was first reassigned as a "constituent relations assistant" in the governor's office and later to the state museum.

Earwigs report she's finally landed where they really appreciate a good chef: the Legislative Lounge.


Palin did her cutesy line about saving Alaskans money in her convention speech - something touted specifically by her spokeswoman:

And the decision to downsize chef time at the Governor's Mansion will save $45,000 between salary and benefits, Stapleton said.


It wasn't true. Alaskans are still paying that chef $45,000 a year - to cook for politicians.


Digg!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good news for the chef, I suppose ;)

(though cooking for all those pigs and pitbulls, I don't know if I could do it!)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
LT said...

Ha. Pitbull-n-moose-burgers. Yum.