Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Fired from CNN for Blogging

Chez Pazienza, producer and writer (at HuffingtonPost regularly), fired for not having his personal blog content approved by CNN brass:

Yesterday afternoon, I was fired from my job at CNN.

I was hired as a Senior Producer for the network four years ago, and had spent the past three years as a member of the American Morning staff.

What was the reason for my abrupt and untimely dismissal?

You're reading it.

More to come soon.


More:

According to Chez, he was terminated for violating network policy by not running what he was writing through their vetting system. So he was fired not for blogging but for the content of his blog. “It’s not that I’ve been writing,” he wrote in an email. “It’s WHAT I’ve been writing.” That may be the official decision, but the truth is he was fired because he had the balls to write about the industry without telling CNN. I would add that there is no mention of his connection to the network on his site, and as a producer, it’s hard to justify the notion that he’s in any way a public figure or publicly connected with the company.


Digg!

1 comment:

JustaDog said...

Did you really think the Communist News Network really believed in free speech?

All content my be approved by der CNN propaganda machine - or else.

Chez Pazienza found that out the hard way.